The premiere of the “Smart Baku” project - “The Periodic Table” scientific program! Chemical experiments to understand how the world around us works: labware, reagents, substance transformations and discoveries!
“The Periodic Table” is our chemistry program. We tried to make this complex but interesting science easily accessible to children.
Here's how we got it:
1. Originality. In chemistry, there are a dozen experiments that are guaranteed to cause children's delight. You can watch them on weekends at the nearest shopping mall or at the classmate’s birthday. We'll have something more interesting.
2. Interactivity. There’s even nothing to say — children should perform experiments with their own hands, and not to watch how the presenter does it.
3. Clarity of processes. Conducting experiments by children should not become an end in itself. This is just a way to understand how certain processes go.
4. Homework. It’s already grate to spend two hours on a weekend day, but we want to give you more. Therefore, each child will take with her/him a different chemical complex for home experiments and detailed instructions with explanations.
5. Program for parents. We want parents to get their share of knowledge too. So that you have something to discuss with the children after the program, we will tell you many interesting stories from the world of chemistry. And our interactive lecture format will refresh your intellectual base.
So, in 2 hours, your child will:
- personally conduct experiments in four chemical laboratories;
- carry out extraction, filtration, organic and inorganic synthesis;
- get acquainted with the chemical properties of eight very different elements;
- get everything she/he need to continue the experiments at home.
The participants are waiting for flasks and test tubes, combustion and oxidation, gas evolution, precipitation, sublimation, distillation, as well as a special “homework” and, of course, a program for parents.
THE PROGRAM FORMAT
The program involves 60 children divided into 4 teams of 15 participants. Each team conducts scientific tests in 4 different laboratories. The program is fully interactive: each child performs experiments with her/his own hands.
The program is developed and carried out by young scientists and scientific expositors from Moscow State University named after M. V. Lomonosov.
To make it easier for everyone, we divide our programs into two age groups of 7-9 years and 10-14 years. The topics considered in different groups are the same, just children are always more comfortable surrounded by peers.
PROGRAM FOR PARENTS
For parents we have a separate program: this is an interactive lecture-quiz. We will talk about great chemical discoveries, well-known chemical scientists and, of course, debunk some popular myths about the insidiousness of all chemical.
October 26, Saturday, 10.00-12.00. Recommended age 7-9 years.
October 26, Saturday, 13.00-15.00. Recommended age 10-14 years.
October 26, Saturday, 16.00-18.00. Recommended age 7-9 years.
October 27, Sunday, 10.00-12.00. Recommended age 10-14 years.
October 27, Sunday, 13.00-15.00. Recommended age 7-9 years.
October 27, Sunday, 16.00-18.00. Recommended age 10-14 years.TICKETS
The cost of a family ticket for “The Periodic Table” program is 49 AZN (1 child
+ 2 adults). If two children, you need to buy two tickets.
For groups of 15 children and more information, discount in 45 AZN.
To visit the program in class, please send us request [email protected]
or call 050 716-57-87.
Have a question? Call +994 50 716-57-87 (on weekdays from 10 to 18.00), we will
try to help you!